We Take Data Privacy Seriously
What Information Do We Collect
Personal information from forms you fill out when you register with EventBrains or use our Services. This includes personal identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, employer, bio, images, photos, text, documents, videos and other job or organization-related information.
On-site activity you conduct while using and interacting with our content. EventBrains collects data about how you use our services, including videos viewed, content links clicked, pdf materials downloaded, and interaction with forms and question boxes. This allows us to provide you with more relevant product offerings, a better experience on our sites and to collect, analyze and improve the performance of our Services.
Surveys. EventBrains aggregates the results of any online or email surveys. The form may ask you to confirm your name, employer, interests and business plans or plans to purchase (if any).
Cookies and Web utilization data. Our site also collects additional information when delivering our Services to you to ensure necessary and optimal performance. These collection methods may not be as obvious to you, so we want to detail those and how they work. In specific, our servers automatically capture and save the following web utilization data from visitors:
- Your unique Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- The name of your unique Internet service provider;
- The kind of browser or computer you use;
- The number of links you click within the sites;
- The date and time of your visit;
- The web page from which you arrived at our sites;
- The pages you viewed on the sites;
- The items you download from our site and
- Certain searches/queries that you conducted via our sites.
- Information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what OS (operating system) is used, device settings, unique device identifiers and error data.
- At times, some of this data collected might be capable of and be used to approximate your location.
How We Use Your Information
EventBrains strongly believe in both minimizing the data we collect and limiting its use and purpose to only data
- where we have been given permission,
- necessary to deliver valuable information services or
- as might be required or permitted for legal compliance or other lawful purposes.
Much of the data collected is aggregated or is statistical data about how individuals use our services — and is not linked to any personal data. We also collect data which can be personal data (or is linked or linkable to personal data). Here is a list of other ways we use your personal information:
- To optimize the operation and performance of our Services for web and mobile users.
- To contact you via email or postal mail to offer you special promotions, poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires and inform you about our Services, as authorized by applicable law.
- To monitor and improve the information security of our web and mobile site.
- To deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your preferences. To measure the value and performance of our content and email outreach
- To measure user value of content available on our site
How We Protect Your Data
EventBrains takes the security of the personal data we collect seriously, and we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us. EventBrains has implemented a series of technical and administrative measures which are generally accepted by the industry to protect the personal information in its possession.
Any sections of the site or platform that collect sensitive personal information use industry-standard secure socket layer (TLS/SSL) encryption. To take advantage of TLS, your browser must support up-to-date encryption protection, as found in the latest versions of most common browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari.
Your information will be stored for only as long as necessary for the purposes set out above. This period will vary depending on your interactions with us.
How We Share Your Information
Third-Party Sites. For the convenience of our users, we offer direct links to third party websites. If you click such a link you will leave the EventBrains site and be redirected to that third party’s website. At that time, you will be subject to the third-party company’s policies. Please note, when you leave the EventBrains site the “look and feel” you see in your browser will change. Additionally, the URL will change from the EventBrains URL to the URL string of the third party.
Website analytics. We use multiple web analytics tools provided by service partners such as Google Analytics, to collect information about how you interact with our website or mobile applications, including what pages you visit, what site you visited prior to visiting our website, how much time you spend on each page, what operating system and web browser you use and network and IP information. We use the information provided by these tools to improve our Services. These tools place persistent cookies in your browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our website.
Service Providers. EventBrains uses a trusted Service Provider to deliver communications. We may disclose your Personal Information to providers that perform web, email, registration and operational functions necessary to day-to-day business operations.
Legally Required Sharing. We may disclose information about you (i) if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
Business Transfers. We reserve the right to transfer Personal Information to a purchaser or successor entity in the event of a sale or any other corporate transaction involving some or all of our business.
Execute Your Information Rights
EU Citizens – Exercise your data rights under EU’s GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and other applicable laws by contacting privacy @ EventBrains.com.
- You can avoid having your information and clickstream data disclosed to sponsors in several ways:
- Do not provide us with your personal information.
- Do not sign up or register for EventBrains or request access.
- Click the ‘unsubscribe link at the end of any email message you receive from EventBrains.
- Email us at privacy @ EventBrains.com we will remove you from future email communications
Other Notes on Rights
Your Privacy Rights Under California Law – Residents of California who have provided Personal Information to us have the right to request from us a list of the third parties with whom we have shared certain Personal Information, as defined under California Civil Code Section 1798.90(e) during the preceding year for third party direct marketing purposes. We will respond to one request per California resident per calendar year, in accordance with California Civil Code Section 1798.83. To submit such request, contact us by mail at privacy @ EventBrains.com. Please allow 30 days for a response.
Requirements to Protect Children’s Privacy – We do not intend for our websites or online services to be used by anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have collected information about a child, please contact at privacy @ EventBrains.com
EventBrains is a dba of BizDevGroup, Inc.
1249 Martin Ave
San Jose, CA 95126
Data privacy is important to us.
If you have questions or issues, please refer email us at: privacy @ EventBrains.com.
Unsubscribe / Opt-Out
We only want send emails to those who find our offerings useful.
To request to Opt-Out of any future mailing from EventBrains contact privacy @ EventBrains.com or use our opt out links.
GDPR Requests (EU Citizens)
For EU residents we support the GDRP.
For GDRP Data Subject Request, please contact privacy @ EventBrains.com